We commit to:
- Train 1,000 young people every year in leadership development from across our member institutions.
- Work to deliver apprenticeships for young people by working in partnership with the National Apprenticeship Service to deliver 50 recruitment fairs for young people over the next four years.
- Pledge to find 500 paid work placements and apprenticeships for young people from within our member institutions over the next 4 years and work to recruit young Londoners for the Working Future Campaign.
We ask you to:
- Extend free travel to use of the underground for young people in full-time education or full-time apprenticeships and protect free travel for young people in summer between GCSE and further education.
- Work with London Citizens to deliver the Working Future Campaign by:
- Supporting and sponsoring a Summer Talent Scheme, employment for 2,000 16 – 25 years olds through six-week paid workplaces every summer throughout the 4 year term.
- Support a Talent Fast Track by organising meetings with London businesses and arts organisations to find paid internships and develop non-graduate fast track opportunities for talented young Londoners.
- Attend and provide a high-profile central London venue for a Young Talent Day of Opportunity in 2014 – a day of celebration where young people, employers and apprenticeship services can come together to build relationships and offer work opportunities.
To get more information on the campaign and to become invovled http://newcitizens.nationbuilder.com/support